When I first thought to put this post together, I only envisaged producing a list of famous people who were unfortunate enough to share this debilitating disease, called Multiple Sclerosis, with me.
Name Checking Famous People
And that should have been enough. Except, that:
- I hadn’t really researched the subject enough
- At the time I wasn’t using the WP plugin Yoast SEO
- My multiple Sclerosis wasn’t that severe.
Now, I realise there is a lot more to creating a successful WordPress blog post, than just cobbling together a list of somewhat disparate names. I had hoped that by including the names of famous celebrities I was, somehow guaranteed, to get oodles of organic traffic to my blog.
Celebrities are NOT immune from MS
Obviously millions of people world-wide suffer from multiple sclerosis, but I thought it may be interesting to note which famous people or celebrities also suffer from multiple sclerosis.
The list below has been gleaned from a couple of other sites with lists of this sort, and they are far more comprehensive. I simply picked out the few names that I recognised and had some kind of meaning for me.
Although J.K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame does not suffer from multiple sclerosis, her late mother did. I believe that because of this Ms Rowling is now taking an active role with the MS Society in Great Britain, it may be the Scottish branch of the society and I am told that she is serving as chairman. But that is just hearsay. If I find out anything more definite, it will appear here.
The Multiple Sclerosis Celebrities
- Wayne Dobson, Magician
- Jacqueline du Pre, Cellist
- William Hartnell, Actor – Dr. Who
- Alan Osmond, Singer with The Osmonds
- Richard Pryor, Actor
- Clifford T. Ward, Singer/Songwriter
- Clive Burr, Drummer (Iron Maiden)
- Stewart Henry, DJ
- Ronnie Lane, Musician (The Faces)
- Tiger Tim (no, not Henman. A DJ from Glasgow)
- Danny Wallace, ex Southampton and Manchester United Footballer
- Alison Peebles, Actress most famous for her Taggart role
- Frances de la Tour, Actress
- Teri Garr, American Actress
- Clay Walker, American Country Music Artist
- Montell Williams, American Talk Show Host
- Jack Osbourne, son of Sharon and Ozzy
Alan Osmond and Tiger Tim are both on the Aimspro trial.
Wrapping up this Famous People Post
For a slightly more comprehensive list of afflicted celebrities you should refer to this page on the All About Multiple Sclerosis site.
Now, I wouldn’t be doing my job as a professional blogger correctly, if I didn’t leave with a little teaser link to spend a little more time on my Blog.
The only thing I will tell you about the teaser link is that it takes you to another post on this site, and it may be of interest to a visitor without Multiple Sclerosis.