Celebrities are NOT immune from MS
Obviously millions of people world-wide suffer from multiple sclerosis, but I thought it may be interesting to note which famous people or celebrities also suffer from multiple sclerosis.
The list below has been gleaned from a couple of other sites with lists of this sort, and they are far more comprehensive. I simply picked out the few names that I recognised and had some kind of meaning for me.
Although J.K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame does not suffer from multiple sclerosis, her late mother did. I believe that because of this Ms Rowling is now taking an active role with the MS Society in Great Britain, it may be the Scottish branch of the society and I am told that she is serving as chairman. But that is just hearsay. If I find out anything more definite, it will appear here.
The Multiple Sclerosis Celebrities
- Wayne Dobson, Magician
- Jacqueline du Pre, Cellist
- William Hartnell, Actor – Dr. Who
- Alan Osmond, Singer with The Osmonds
- Richard Pryor, Actor
- Clifford T. Ward, Singer/Songwriter
- Clive Burr, Drummer (Iron Maiden)
- Stewart Henry, DJ
- Ronnie Lane, Musician (The Faces)
- Tiger Tim (no, not Henman. A DJ from Glasgow)
- Danny Wallace, ex Southampton and Manchester United Footballer
- Alison Peebles, Actress most famous for her Taggart role
- Frances de la Tour, Actress
- Teri Garr, American Actress
- Clay Walker, American Country Music Artist
- Montell Williams, American Talk Show Host
- Jack Osbourne, son of Sharon and Ozzy
Alan Osmond and Tiger Tim are both on the Aimspro trial.